A natural way to process food, this tool is used to grind, strain and purée food through perforated disks using a hand-turned crank. By placing cooked fruits or vegetables in the mill and turning the crank, the semi-circular blade oversweeps, compresses and scrapes food. The bar that straddles the container applies constant pressure against the cutting plate and crushes the food, while retaining seeds, skin, and fibers. It purees and mills a variety of fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, apples, carrots, potatoes, berries for jam and more.
- Includes three discs for fine-, medium- and coarse-grained purees.
- Simple spring-loaded lever for easy disc exchange and disassembly.
- Fits securely over vessels up to 8 5/8" in diameter.
- Constructed of dishwasher-safe steel.
- Ideal for processing everything from cooked fruits and vegetables to homemade soups.
- Designed to fit over a pot, pan or work bowl,
- As you turn the crank, a rotating blade pushes foods through a perforated disk, leaving unwanted fibers, seeds and skins behind.
- Three interchangeable straining disks adjust consistency from coarse to superfine.